The Reader Who Came Drunk Deserves A Mention

At least that's how I'd like to remember it.

I'm actually being very kind to her by saying that she came drunk. ;-) I don't actually believe she came to the wedding inebriated. Be that as it may, her behaviour befitted somebody who might as well have been drunk, or on some kind of a downer of sorts.

Luckily for me, I was too busy enjoying the most expensive party I've ever hosted to have noticed any of her attention-seeking, un-lady like adventures on the day. I noticed a certain haughtiness, sure, but I've known her since high school. She's the kind of girl who likes to be the star attraction.  

Why not? you might say. Well, I believe that psychoanalysts might have something to say about that. If there happens to be a roomful of girls and she isn't the one everybody's fawning over, there's going to be some major sulking and heavy duty reflection afterwards. She'll blog about it. You've been warned! Hehe...

I felt terrible when told about her look-at-me gaffs. If her intention was to cause me some discomfort or consternation, she had terrible timing. I was far too busy with other cares on the day.

Here's some of her i-know-i'm-not-the-bride-but-look-at-me gaffs:

(1) wore white

(2) turned up late to the ceremony for which, BTW!, she was a reader, then proceeded to ask people if they would take over her reading because she didn't feel like it (or some such nonsense)

(3) launched into some kind of mind-f**cking game with her then boyfriend at the reception while ripping open her wedding favor then began munching away on the almonds. When she got to the last piece cried out "here you go A, you have that, I don't want the fertility almond..."
 
And so on. 

Priceless.

I feel pity for the mother who brought her up. Some folks might just think her  daughter's selfishness, uncouthness and self-obssessed vapidness are her fault.

Hmm...

You've got to have a good laugh.

PS:
(I feel for for my good friend who made those cute favors as a wedding present for us. They didn't deserve such an ungraceful end at the hands of a silicone-implanted out-of-control attention-seeking hag).

No comments:

Post a Comment